Lush. Lavish. Ornate. Damn well Victorian.
If pressed, that’s how John describes Sherlock. There’s such an abundance of the decorative to the man—arse, eyes, hair, lips—that surely he’s the very embodiment of that fussy esthetic.
Even Sherlock’s ‘enemies’ give him that. Sort of.
“If that ornamental idiot doesn’t clear out of my crime scene, so help me…” grouses Anderson.
“And tell your pretty little boytoy I’ve had just about enough of him for today…” threatens Donovan.
Since he was old enough to hear, to doubt, and then to demean, someone, somewhere has been telling Sherlock he’s gorgeous.
It wasn’t until their second month as lovers that John finally understood the obvious. Not only does Sherlock believe these people lie, he desperately fears they don’t.
Because if he’s as pretty as all that…what happens the day he’s suddenly not?
Queue the brilliant John Watson, and the beginning of a life-long habit.
John insults Sherlock.
“Your breath could kill a corpse,” he’ll say some mornings, but then lean in to kiss his dozy love on the mouth. With tongue. Twice.
“You could lodge a hive of bees in that knotted mop,” he’ll grumble, and then lift that messy hair from the back of Sherlock’s neck and nibble sweetly.
“Your eye bags have bags you know; you look like shit,” he’ll pronounce, then tug Sherlock onto the sofa and stroke his forehead until they both fall asleep.
And so it goes, for months, for years, for a life.
John tells the beautiful man that sometimes he emphatically isn’t. And that it’s just fine.
“I love what you look like, but I don’t give a flying fuck what you look like. You’re beauty makes me hard, it gets me wet, but the most gorgeous thing about you isn’t here, or here, or here—” John’s fingers drift over a face, a cock, an arse. “—it’s right here. Endless, and beautiful. Indomitable, and mine.”
And John rests his hand over Sherlock’s strong, swift-beating heart.
I think Sherlock, like the man who plays him, is conflicted by his looks. The world tells him he’s beautiful, but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t believe them. And if he does…what then? What happens to the praise when the beauty fades? (*Ahem* Me? Emotionally invested?) So…this gorgeous Sherlock portrait by the talented Euclase.
- sherlockingallovertheworld reblogged this from atlinmerrick
- coffeeandbanjos likes this
- linasherlokid reblogged this from atlinmerrick
- franzis-frantic-thoughts reblogged this from atlinmerrick
- girlcoveredinscars likes this
- carmy-w likes this
- thedreamerslair reblogged this from atlinmerrick
- blood-pulsation reblogged this from flowersbirdsbluesky
- blood-pulsation likes this
- flowersbirdsbluesky reblogged this from blood-pulsation
- gummy-worms-are-necessary likes this
- pollymol likes this
- eris21 likes this
- jackslenderman likes this
- msaether reblogged this from atlinmerrick
- tearstainedashes likes this
- just-tea-for-me-thanks likes this
- mildly-neurotic likes this
- a-scandalin-belgravia likes this
- themarymorstan likes this
- greeneyedpirate likes this
- pollyprissypant likes this
- iwantthedestiel reblogged this from consultingtimelordofasgard
- moonflower75 likes this
- tomhiddlesun likes this
- a-speckled-blonde likes this
- deathinacuddlyjumper reblogged this from ignorus
- ignorus reblogged this from youcantsaymylastname
- youcantsaymylastname reblogged this from lapuslazulli
- lapuslazulli reblogged this from atlinmerrick
- merlin-badwolf-locked reblogged this from atlinmerrick
- imjustyouraveragefangirl likes this
- teamks likes this
- seancecafe likes this
- awhitemindpalace likes this
- cotarmilengua likes this
- mrsimoshen likes this
- 7dirigible-plums likes this
- notes-from-molly reblogged this from whentheyreoutoftheirdepth
- ackalackles likes this
- margorothspieglemans reblogged this from thescienceofjohnlock
- sosherlock reblogged this from forsciencejohn
- uomeaniou likes this
- anadolescentgiraffe reblogged this from keylimelover
- keylimelover likes this
- keylimelover reblogged this from thescienceofjohnlock
- itdisappeared likes this
- rock-rhapsodies reblogged this from consultingtimelordofasgard
- potter-at-the-ballet reblogged this from atlinmerrick