Via Flutiebear: Rambling My Way Through Thedas
Talking to jkateel this afternoon made me realize that I have absolutely no idea what Sam Winchester likes to do with his spare time.
I mean, Dean’s easy. He likes to:
- Fix cars
- Cook home-made versions of the road food he so loves
- Appreciate fine classic rock, including collecting old vinyls
- Read classic literature, like Vonnegut or Tolkien
- Hang out with his bros, like Gordon or Benny or Garth
- Organize and maintain his weapons collection
Cas is equally easy. He likes to:
- Heal the sick or hurt
- Take long trips on cheap modes of public transportation
- Talk to animals like bees and pigs and racetrack dogs
- Collect honey
- See the world and its many splendours
- Joke with other supernatural creatures about silly humans
But what does Sam like to do for fun? I HAVE NO IDEA.
Like, okay, Sam’s known as this total bookworm, right? But have you actually ever seen him read a book for pleasure? Or quote/reference a book he’s read, like Dean has? And, ok, he had a dog for awhile, but it never actually seemed to be HIS dog, Amelia was always the one shown taking care of him.
By my count, Sam’s hobbies throughout 8 seasons of canon are:
- Eat salads
- Clean his gun, in his room, all by himself
- Get hopped up on Ruby-juice
Sam. SAM. CONSIDER YOUR LIFE CHOICES, SAM WINCHESTER.
I mean, at least learn how to knit, ok.